Cryptocurrency broker Voyager Digital said it has received a $75 million investment from trading firm Alameda Research.
- The investment will be used for growth opportunities, Voyager Digital (TSX: VOYG), said Thursday. Shares of the company soared 17% as of 10:20 a.m. in Toronto.
- The firms will tap opportunities in non fungible tokens (NFTs) and crypto derivatives and work together with lawmakers on shaping regulation.
- “Through our strategic partnership, we believe there are endless mutually beneficial opportunities to grow both our businesses,” said Caroline Ellison, co-CEO of Alameda.
- Alameda Research was launched by crypto billionaire Sam Bankman-Fried who announced Oct. 12 he was taking a step back to make room for two co-CEOs: Ellison and Sam Trabucco.
- Currently Alameda Research trades over $5 billion a day across thousands of products including cryptocurrencies, altcoins and their derivatives.